Link Building – 2008 Winner
Let’s skip the corny, canned jokes and the awkward moments at the podium and just open the envelope, shall we? Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the 2008 SEMMY Award in the Link Building category is … drum-roll, please …
Help! I’m New, I Need Links, What Can I Do?
Debra Mastaler, The Link Spiel | 9/29/07
Congratulations to our winner! Here’s a choice bit from the winning post:
- Locate the prominent bloggers in your niche and start adding to the industry by commenting on their views. Don’t be obnoxious and don’t do it everyday. Join their community and they’ll join yours. (cost – free)
- Be sure to incorporate an incentive-to-link program in all your external correspondence such as autoresponders, confirmation emails, reminders etc. (cost free)
- Create a corporate blog and invite bloggers, journalists, and your customers to contribute. Continually promote the site and it’s writers and in turn, they’ll support your site by linking to it. Don’t forget to add an RSS feed as well. (cost free to low)
The top two runners-up in public voting were:
- Andy Hagans’ Ultimate Guide to Linkbaiting and Social Media Marketing
Andy Hagans, Tropical SEO | 2/5/07
- Revealing your Competitor’s FULL External Relevance Profile – One of my best kept secrets
Hamlet Batista | 10/17/07
The winner and runners-up are welcome to grab the appropriate badge — we have a badge for both winners and runners-up.
How the Voting Ended
Here’s a look at how each finalist fared in the public voting:
Thanks to all who voted, and congrats again to the winner, runners-up, finalists, and all nominees. We look forward to reading your acceptance speech soon!
Judged by John Andrews and Bill Slawski.